Marriage requirements per destination
Each of the following destinations require our on-site wedding coordinators to help coordinate all necessary paperwork and communicate directly with local officials throughout the wedding process.
Mexico Marriage Requirements:
- Valid passports
- Tourist card (receive upon arrival at Cancun Airport)
- Must be in Mexico four business days prior to wedding (weekends and holidays not recognized in Mexico do not count)
- Blood test must be taken in Mexico
- Birth certificate that is Apostilled
Dominican Republic Marriage Requirements:
- Must be in Dominican Republic 3 business days prior to wedding (weekends and nationally recognized holidays do not count)
- Parties must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid passport
- Original copies and photocopies of birth certificates, adoption certificates (if applicable) and name deeds (if applicable)
- Single Status Affidavit and documents apostilled in Spanish for each party. Originals must be brought with you to the property.
- Original and photo copies of the court decree absolute if divorced.
- Bride must be legally divorced for a minimum of 10 months
- Original and photocopies of death certificates, if applicable
Jamaica Marriage Requirements:
- Must arrive 24-hours prior, but recommend arrival three days prior to arrange details with Wedding Coordinator
- Notarized copies of bride and groom’s passports, birth certificates, and certificates of divorce or death when applicable
- Blood test is not required
Curaçao Marriage Requirements:
- Wedding petition form and all legal documents must be sent to the resort three months prior to clients’ arrival
- The Wedding couple must arrive on island at least 4 working days prior to wedding celebration
- Certified copy of birth certificates of both issued within one year with an embossed seal and Apostille seal- (On each separate document). On the birth certificates needs to state also names of the parents
- The Wedding Petition Form must be signed by both the bride & groom with the same signature appearing in your passports.
- Copy of valid PASSPORTS with full names and signatures.
- If bringing own witnesses - Copy of passports of 6 witnesses - must be 18 years or older.
- If divorced, Certified Copy of the final divorce decree(s) with an embossed seal and Apostille Seal.
- If widowed, Certified Copy of the death certificate for deceased spouse and previous wedding certificate with an embossed seal and Apostille Seal.
- Original Single Certificate (Documents of no record of marriage) issued by a register office in place of residence (issued 6 months before wedding day) with an embossed seal and the Apostille Seal- On each separate document.
- A blood test is NOT required.
- Non-Refundable Government fee US$ 300.00 for stays of 6 nights or less.
Costa Rica Marriage Requirements:
In order to get legally married in Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica, there are a few requirements you need. Even though by law the wedding couple only needs to be here 24 hours in advance, we would advise you to come at least 3 days in advance to meet with the wedding coordinator to go through the final details regarding the wedding. Symbolic and non-legal ceremonies allow flexibility for arrival date. Please speak with the wedding coordinator to discuss requirements.
- Full name of both bride and groom.
- Passport numbers and nationality – The passport must be signed by the bearer.
- Place of birth (both Bride and Groom)
- Date of Birth (both Bride and Groom)
- Foreign address (both Bride and Groom)
- Occupation/Profession (both Bride and Groom)
- Marital Status - If you are divorced you must bring a copy of the divorce decree. It must indicate the date, city, state and the name of the court that issued the decree. If the Bride has been divorced for less than 12 months she will have to present a negative pregnancy test to the nearest Costa Rica embassy or consulate to have it authenticated.
- The Brides parents full names, nationalities and address.
- The Grooms parents full names, nationalities and address.
- Two witnesses – A copy of their passport will be required. Anyone can serve you as witnesses even your close family or the Hotel employees.
- Street address and phone number where the finalized documents can be sent to in your home country.